This morning, in pre-market trading, Delcath Systems (Nasdaq: DCTH) traded up $21 from $4.50. For a few fleeting minutes, Mommy and Daddy were rich. Visions of lighting the fireplace with crumpled-up $100 bills flashed through my head. Or sending The Boy to Harvard. Or not working AND not worrying about it.
But alas, then the market got his senses back and Delcath came back to earth. And Daddy felt a tear well in the corner of his eye.
As bad as I felt, mourning a loss that was never really mine to lose, imagine that poor person who bought 800 shares of DCTH at $25 and change, only to realize the stock presently trades at around $5. That hurts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
My son-in-law must have been dreaming! and with all the "sobbing" it must have been a "wet" dream. I can not find and evidence of DCTH being in the $20s today or ever for that matter. I even searched Snopes.com and found nothing. Why didn't I get a call? I want to get rich too!
F-I-L
800 shares of DCTH traded in pre-market activity at a whoppin' $25 odd dollars. By the time the market opened, my research had not yet completed, and when the stock traded at a mere mortal level, I let it go. I thought to call The Great, but got busy with The Boy.
6-14-2007 11:32PM
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to yooou!
Happy Birthday, Dear Rick!!!
Happy Birthday to Yooou!
And Many Mooore!
F-I-L and M-I-L
PS: Don't ever expect me to wake from a sound sleep to sing Happy Birthday to you again. At least I wasn't late! haha
Post a Comment