Monday, June 4, 2007

Fletcher goes to church!

Yesterday, we took Fletcher to church for his first time. We had been holding back, for fear of exposing him to so many people (and germs, to get right on the point). He did GREAT! As luck would have it, there was no nursery care during his first visit, so he got to get the whole church experience. He loved the singing and the lights, and, if he is anything like his pop, which he is, he loved all the attention!!

The sermon was from Romans 5:1-5, which I found quite fitting. It's about rejoicing, in good times and bad. Since Fletch has joined our lives, there has been a lot to rejoice about. He was/is absolutely worth the wait!

Oh, and he pooped his diaper TWICE during church. Good job.

As I write this, he is chillin' in his bouncey, playing with a toy parrot. It's the first time I've seen him ever express interest in the parrot (usually, he's all about the elephants or bears), and the first time I've seen him GRAB for something. It's pretty cool to watch. Not every Dad gets the chance, and I am thankful.

No comments: