Monday, June 18, 2007

First Father's Day

My first Father's Day was absolutely spectactular. Fletcher slept in, so Jen made me my favorite breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese, and biscuits. I got to enjoy a cup of coffee, and we both snuck upstairs and gently awoke our little guy. As usual, he greeted his day with a huge grin once he recognized his Mom and Dad.

I gotta tell ya -- that is about the most awesome feeling in the world! I could have stopped right there, and said, "Yup, Dad's Day #1 a success." But, I got a daily pass on diaper duty (though I did manage to sneak one in), and we had a visit from my brother and his family while they were in town. This was my sister-in-law's first time to meet Fletch, and of course he was just as friendly as could be.

After everyone had left, Fletch went to sleep, and Daddy got to lay on the couch and watch the US Open (golf). A little rest and relaxation was just the medicine I needed. A great day indeed.

No comments: