Fletcher grabbed his bottle for the first time today. And no, this is not a euphamism. He really did grab hold with both hands.
This reminds me of an interesting conversation with friends at lunch in Houston a couple of weekends ago. We essentially agreed that there is selection bias in parental reporting of their children's accomplishments. That is, no parent will say, "My baby did NOT do something today, and all the books say he should have been doing something 2 weeks ago! I am thinking of taking my 13 week old to a child development specialist." No, instead parents share what their little Pride and Joy is doing well.
This should not be surprising. After all, how many adults do you know that go around bragging about how much money they LOST investing in a particular stock? Baby bragging is just a variation of the same theme. Except I am not bragging, mind you. I am **reporting**.
But I am equally as certain that no other 12.4 week old baby boy can grab his bottle as well as Fletch. OK, now THAT is bragging.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I hope you guys got a picture of the big event! And, Pa Pa Loco is waiting to see it. Just e-mail it to us ASAP.
F-I-L
I will make a point to take a picture ASAP, and then post and email it out.
Post a Comment