Thursday, June 7, 2007

Growing up fast


Jen walks into the study this morning, and shows me a sequence of photos we took of Cooper when he was but a young pup. Apart from being an extraordinarily funny sequence culminating in his barking full-puppy-throttle at the photographer (Jen) and with my being recorded comforting a visible agitated dog, this got me to thinking. First, Cooper has changed so much. Next, Fletcher has changed and will continue to change.

We've got a couple things going for us. One, this blog: I'm documenting the events for family, friends, and perfect strangers alike, to watch Fletcher change and grow over time. Second, digital photography. No longer do we have to PRINT photos. Plus, digital photography makes it so much easier to spoil the political aspirations of one's children, because, after all, who wants their child to be President? Sheez. I don't need THAT kind of attention. So, yuk it up, kiddo. Daddy is not far behind with the Nikon.

Two of the nurses (Teresa, and Sr. Linda) mentioned to us before leaving the hospital that we should take pictures of Fletcher at 1-month intervals, and to put together a montage of those photos to show how much he has changed. Well, we are now 2 months into this adventure, and I can tell you: Fletcher changes every day. Every. Single. Day. It's ALWAYS something, though sometimes subtle.

So, I'm not going to spoil the surprise and post month 1 and month 2 photos here in this post. I am sure the more enterprising among you can look back through the posts to see how much he has changed.

He is much bigger, though less swollen. Sleeps at more appropriate times. Personality is starting to emerge: laughs and jabbers. (I secretly fear my little boy is going to be the clown with a long list of "conduct cuts" because he cannot be quiet in class.) Hair is still red. Eyes are still blue. (Speaking of which, I still have a bone to pick with the milkman.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What ever happened with the mail man? We usually get blamed for everything!
F-I-L