"I'm laying on my tummy.
Tummy, my tummy.
I'm laying on my tummy
Hey yo. I don't think so."
OK, OK, enough of that. But it sets the stage for the following story.
The pediatrician says that it is important for the kid to get some good q-time in on his tummy each day, to prevent what he affectionately refers to as "helmet head." I should point out that I have it from reputable sources that my pediatrician used to play football at UT, so I imagine he would know helmet head when he sees it. Whatever helmet head is, the doc says it with such disdain that I'm pretty sure I do not want Fletch to have it. And so, tummy time it is.
Until today.
You see, yesterday, The Boy learned to roll over. And today he learned to apply his newfound skill. Jen placed the tyke on his tummy. All was well for a time, until Young Master Fletcher grew tired of this exercise, expressing his displeasure with his other skill: crying and shreaking. I should point out that this skill is sharpened to a razor's edge, honed during weeks of colic. Then, Fletcher "manned up" and rolled over.
Ta-da. Crying immediately stopped.






No comments:
Post a Comment