I've seen stats that say anywhere between 1-in-4 to 1-in-5 babies will suffer from colic. Suffer being the operative word.
Colic is derived from the Latin word collicium, which means "we have no clue."
Many people have offered various forms of advice in dealing with colic. If the wife is breastfeeding, try stopping dairy. (aside: The Wife is unwilling to go this route, and I cannot say that I blame her, such is the siren song of the bovine elixer). Now, the Japanese swear that they have run a study that says it is OK to eat sushi, but I am relatively sure (from personal experience) that the wasabi is a bad idea. Apparently, anything Mommy eats eventually finds its way into the breastmilk. Who knew? I mean, none of my cow's milk has ever even remotely tasted like hay or cud.
The best advice I can offer:
be loving
be patient
And know that there are others parents dealing with this, and that this will pass.
Eventually.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment