Many have inquired about Cooper. Well, he's doing...OK. I called the vet this morning and moved up his diagnosis one day to TODAY. I dropped him off there this morning, and he will be getting sedated for a shoulder x-ray. His condition seemed to get better at times and to worsen at times over the weekend. Clearly, his shoulder hurts him terribly. With the x-rays today, we will know what we are dealing with. The vet mentioned a couple of things that he will be looking for: osteochondritis dessicans, and bicepital tenosynovitis. We will know more soon.
Not to go into a "poor me" tirade, but it sure is difficult when you are giving your beloved family pet narcotics. It was up to me to decide WHEN and HOW MUCH morphine to administer. That's a horrible burden, since I don't want the dog to hurt, but I don't want a morphine addict either.
In any event, today, from Cooper's perspective, the worst of it is probably: a) my "abandoning him" at the scary vet, and b) not being fed this morning.
Fletcher got his first babysitter on Sunday! The circumstances were unusual, however. Jen had some rapid onset, acute upper abdominal pain which caused us to go to the hospital. Thinking fast, I called up a friend (a mother of 3), who came over to watch The Boy and Cooper. By the time we got to the hospital, Jen's pain was gone. Finito. So, we came home and Fletcher's babysit time was cut short. Jen's internet search according to her symptoms suggested gall bladder issues. I am hounding The Lovely and Talented Mrs. Dr. Bosworth to make an appointment.
So, that was my Memorial Day Weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment