Friday, August 17, 2007

So Much to Do!

OK, so before you read this, let's make 2 things very clear:
1- Fletcher is at day care, and will be so for several more hours (and I am not picking him up); and,
2- I have had way too much caffeine this morning.

So I figure, a PERFECT time to blog. I have found myself lately a bit overwhelmed at the joy of being a dad. Kinda like I want to hold on too tightly to water in my hands, but the tighter you hold your fingers together, seemingly the faster the water trickles out. Know what I mean?

Being a dad is AWESOME. I LOVE being the first person The Boy sees in the morning. (He typically about jumps out of his skin in glee, and I tell you, that is NOT a bad thing for the ego. Plus, I feel just about the same way, so that is way cool.) I find myself recently thinking a lot about all the things I want to do with The Boy: take him to a baseball game, teach him to throw a baseball, take him fishing, take him tubing, take him snowboarding, and when he is old enough, take him to Vegas, teach him craps. OK, so I got a bit ahead of myself there. (It's the caffeine. Hey, can I get another? Thanks.)

For all of the wonderful things that are in the here-and-now, I look forward to all the things to come. Like math homework. And soccer (aka, herd ball) practice. And pool parties. And band-aids. And teaching him to tease Mommy. (I cannot wait until he calls her "Rick's Wife", ala Cotton Hill from "King of the Hill.)

Anyway, my world and view of it has completely been skewed for the better with the arrival of my little tyke. I have no idea how I ever got along without him.

And I suppose caffeine makes me just a tad bit sentimental.

1 comment:

CCT said...

I'm sure Jen will wholly appreciate you teaching little Fletch the philosophies of Cotton Hill. You're a bad man, RickyB :)