So, Rick's Wife had to work this weekend, leaving me to watch the kiddo. We had a great time, he and I. He cried, and I tried to make him stop crying. Add formula. Repeat. I'm kidding. It was not that bad. Besides, the in-laws came to town to help watch The Boy, as Daddy had some important official business to attend to on Saturday morning: the fantasy football draft.
What was so humbling this weekend was the realization that Rick's Wife holds a very special place in The Boy's heart, leaving me to wonder how there can possibly be room in there for me. You see, a couple of times during the weekend, Fletch just cried and cried, and was not to be consoled. I held him, changed him, fed him, burped him, bounced him, talked to him. No avail. Finally, I walked him in his stroller, and that did the trick. The point is: much moaning and gnashing of Daddy's teeth. Then, Mommy comes home. And Fletch falls asleep in her arms after about, oh, 3 minutes.
For the record, Fletch has never, not once, fallen asleep in *my* arms. Behold, the power of Mom.
Monday, August 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment