It was a weekend of firsts. Fletch reached for me for the first time while being held by another person. It was his first Thanksgiving. He rocked the corduroys from Aunt Julia. And there were a couple of others, but Daddy ate too much turkey and has slept since their occurrence. See also, Daddy has a horrible memory.
We asked so much of the little guy on Thanksgiving Day, and he delivered. It began with a 3 hour car ride to see my not-very-small family. You see, that means a never-ending torrent of well-intended family members who want to hold and love on my little tyke. Oh, and did I mention loud? I always like to say that I come from The Loud Family. Mix in a little I-do-not-nap, and you have the perfect combination for a Turkey Day Meltdown. All that said, it was a great visit. Fletch got to see Grandpa, Crazy Aunt Becky (who he LOVES, btw; "she knows how to make me LAUGH, daddy!"), and some of his cousins whom he had not yet met.
Of course, as the weekend winds down, I get the sense that he is wondering what happened to his 92-lb yellow housemate. We pick him up from the kennel tonight. And won't Fletch be excited to be reunited!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment